I have represented 100's of students and Michigan fans who are ticketed on gameday for various offenses, here are the five most important steps to take once ticketed:
1. Take a deep breath; there is nothing you can do in the moment, go enjoy the game. If you wish to take touch with an attorney, send me an email email@example.com or text/call me 248-924-9458. You can send me a copy of the ticket; get that off your plate.
2. Once you regroup that evening or the next day, you will see a text reply or email reply letting you know that your case is manageable and everything is going to be OK. You are where 100's of my clients have been in the past, and every single one of them had a favorable result if they followed my plan.
3. In the coming days, I will give you a few proactive steps to take on your own time to improve your case, and help me help you figure out a great outcome.
4. Our goal is to keep you from having a criminal record; that is a possible; it's also possible to have you excused from court, or to join court via zoom.
5. This case does not need to have long-term consequences on your life; you're successful, and having a criminal record over an isolated moment in time is not equitable. Believe in common sense; lean in on telling your story; this case will not define you.
Best practices developed from my time studying at some of the top business schools in the country.